Why choose SOFT?
- SOFT UK was founded in 1991 and is now the UK's leading support charity for families affected by Patau's syndrome (Trisomy 13), Edwards' syndrome (Trisomy 18), and related conditions.
- SOFT UK provides information and support at all stages following a prenatal diagnosis - whether a family decides to terminate the pregnancy early or allow it to continue.
- SOFT UK also supports those who are caring for a baby or child with these conditions (often living with multiple and profound disabilities), and families if a bereavement occurs.
- As a membership organisation, families can share their experiences through the SOFT UK website, members' magazine and annual members' weekends. Currently there are almost 600 SOFT member families.
- Support is offered free-of-charge to all members of the family, including siblings of the affected child, for as long as required.
- Estimates suggest that every year more than 800 families in the UK will receive a diagnosis of Trisomy 13 or Trisomy 18, with many more facing the challenges of an uncertain diagnosis.
Thank you to everyone who gives their time, energy, creativity and enthusiasm to ensuring that SOFT is here for anyone who needs us.